Many people who have never used Facebook ads shudder at the thought because they believe it to be an outdated platform for boomers. However, you can grow your Spotify via Facebook Ads! How? Well, Facebook has more than 2 billion monthly users, and utilizing Facebook ads means running ads on:
- Even Messenger!
Thus, Ads will appear on Facebook:
- News articles
- Marketplace items
Do’s & Don’ts
This sort of campaign's fundamental premise is that you can use a conversion target that utilizes the advantage of the Facebook Pixel.
Use conversions to:
- Exclude bots
- Create retargeting audiences
- Utilize a Facebook Business Manager account and a verified domain to track the conversions.
- Do not launch a traffic campaign and direct people to Spotify.
Evidently, due to the lack of tracking, you can wind up with a lot of pointless bot clicks that result in no Spotify streams.
As a result, this will allow you to run ads for other objectives to those who converted in the past. Consequently, we require a website on which we can set up our pixel code and launch "events" whenever a user clicks the Spotify button on the landing page.
Deep Dive Into Campaign Structures And Ads
What Is A Facebook Campaign? How Can You Use A Facebook Campaign To Grow Your Spotify Via Facebook Ads?
A Facebook campaign has three levels:
- The campaign → Establish your campaign's goal, start, and finish dates.
- The ad set → Specify your target audience, market interest, and origin of your audience.
- The ad → Select which Facebook and Instagram page the ad appears on.
Myth: Facebook Ads do Not Provide A Return On Investment For Spotify
The truth is that a typical return on investment will not ever be as high as $3 in Spotify royalties for every $1 spent on Facebook ads.
Undeniably, you can observe a rise in your:
- Following, a new fanbase
- Trustworthiness due to successful releases
- The number of data sources for future marketing campaigns
Certainly, the majority of independent musicians will make a modest living by:
- Gradually expanding their back catalog of songs
- Increasing the number of streams they receive through algorithmic or editorial playlists
Why Are Facebook Ads So Great? The Reason To Grow Your Spotify Via Facebook Ads.
- Comprehensive targeting choices
- Flexible budgeting
- An algorithm that can be self-optimized to get the best results at the lowest cost
Let us examine the advantages of Facebook advertisements in further detail:
- In-depth targeting choices are available
- Basic demographic choices are available for a very broad range of interests, including brands, genres, performers, goods, and more
- The ads can be "scaled," and you can manage your spending; the more you spend, the better the results you receive, but you can still spend as little as $1 per day.
- With Facebook's learning algorithm, you can receive the most results for the least amount of money.
- People that interact with you can be added to "Custom Audiences" so that you can display your ads later on for less money than it cost to first reach them.
- There are also "Lookalike Audiences" which are “Custom Audiences” that contain 1+ million or more people that are similar to your fans.
Thus, you are able to…
Apply The Following Strategies To Grow Your Spotify Via Facebook Ads
- Direct listeners who are specifically interested in your Spotify profile
- Utilize Facebook's tools and algorithm to get more of those fans at a lower cost
- Boost your chances of fooling the Spotify algorithm into giving you free access to even more of your followers
Strategies To Grow Your Spotify Via Facebook Ads
Every time you put out a new song, you have the opportunity to:
- Pitch it to the Spotify editors
- Have it added to the Release Radar playlist of your listeners
- Have it included in the Release Radar playlist of Spotify users who have similar listening habits to yours
Release one song each month, this way you will increase the:
- Amount of pitches you obtain
- Length of time your song is on Release Radar
- Monthly growth of your stream and followers
Do not anticipate a return on your initial investment from your first campaign. However, fans who follow your profile will be informed of any upcoming releases, which might expand your fan base and increase the number of plays you receive.
Keep in mind that it is not a race, it is a marathon!
Subscribe To Our Music Marketing Newsletter!
News about music marketing strategies to the music business and beyond.
Delivered to your inbox once a week.