Here are the top five things you might have missed during the Super Bowl 2020
- One decade ago, Demi Lovato sent out a tweet that she would one day perform at the Super Bowl. Exactly ten years later, that prediction became a reality for the Latina star. This was Lovato’s second performance after her two-year hiatus. She made her first comeback when she debuted her new single titled, “Anyone” at the Grammys. The future is looking very bright for the emotional yet confident star!
- Beyoncé, Jay Z and their 8-year-old daughter Blue Ivy stayed seated during the National Anthem during the Super Bowl 2020. Jay Z explained their reasoning, stating that the family was standing in solidarity with previous NFL star, Colin Kaepernick, who did not get rehired by the NFL after his departure.
- US taxpayers will have to pay $3.4 million dollars collectively for sending President Trump and his family to Florida. Why? Well, the president hosted an extravagant ticketed Super Bowl viewing party for his family and friends. The event was held at the President’s own private golf club.
- The winning team of the 2020 Super Bowl was the Kansas City Chiefs…. Except, our President didn’t know that…after the win, Trump sent out a tweet congratulating the team but he made one tiny mistake… He got the team’s home state wrong! The tweet was deleted immediately and later a similar one was sent out! How could the President of the United States make such a mistake? Good one, Mr. Prez!
- Lastly, the Kansas City Chiefs defense tackler, Derrick Nnandi, celebrated his team’s very first win by paying for the adoption fees for 100 dogs at the Kansas City Pet Project shelter. The KC Pet Project sent out a tweet thanking the NFL star, “We’re so honored to partner with @DerrickNnadi who is sponsoring the adoption fees of all of our adoptable dogs at our locations! “44 pets left the shelter today (38 dogs and 6 cats) with new families and up to 30 more are going home tomorrow!” the shelter wrote.
Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs for all their hard work and dedication during this Super Bowl event!
Subscribe To Our Music Marketing Newsletter!
News about music marketing strategies to the music business and beyond.
Delivered to your inbox once a week.