We Dem Boyz
- Music Marketing
- Music PR
United States 🇺🇸
Introduction:“We Dem Boyz”, released February 11th, 2014, was the first single off Wiz Khalifa’s fifth studio album, Blacc Hollywood.
By putting out a preview of the track, MusicPromoToday helped amp up the pre-release hype. The single was officially released through a unique partnership with Shazam. We booked a 106 and park performance for Wiz during the first week of the release and prepared the video to drop two months later.
Outcome:Thanks to the innovative PR and media relations campaign organized by MusicPromoToday, “We Dem Boyz” went on to:
- Receive the 2015 Grammy award for best rap song
- Receive the 2014 video music award for best hip hop song
- Receive 3 BET Hip Hop awards in 2014
- Garner over 200 million streams on YouTube
- Reach #3 on the Billboard Hot 100
- Reach #8 on the Billboard 10 Best Rap Songs
- Appear on numerous TV shows and movies
- Be named the 3rd best song of the first half of 2014 by Complex
- Earn over 15 official remixes, created by other mainstream artists such as: Rick Ross, Puff Daddy, WAS, French Montana, Busta Rhymes, Tyga, and T.I.