The Festive period is rapidly approaching, and musicians all around the world are laying the groundwork in accordance with it now. Want to enjoy this Holiday season to the fullest? Here are a few ideas for prepping:
One of the busiest times of year for music purchases is the holiday season. People worldwide are searching for the ideal presents for their music-loving friends and family, from CDs and vinyl to posters and souvenirs.
You should use this opportunity to spread as much of what you have as you can. But it doesn’t mean you should blare the same content across all platforms. There are many original methods to advertise around the holidays. Try, for instance, the following:
- Remind your followers that a vinyl copy of your most recent record would make the ideal gift topper.
- Post images of you lounging by the fire wearing your coziest apparel and include a link to your merch store.
- Offer limited-time discounts on your merch as your own unique present.
These are just a few suggestions to help you get inspired. Make it your own by considering what you want to see from your favorite artist.
Will you be releasing a whole holiday album? Perhaps a single? Whatever you want to do, think about doing something special for it. This might signify anything, but take into account some of the following examples:
- Every week leading up to the holiday of your choice, Livestream a new holiday cover.
- Make unique holiday merch.
- Try running a social media contest with a theme where the winners receive first access to your upcoming holiday single.
- Make a merch giveaway.
- Collab with other artists on holiday themes.
Release A Holiday Cover Song
It could seem nearly impossible to write an original hit that will knock people’s socks off given how much festive music is already available. For your benefit, there are several songs in the public domain that you can freely cover without worrying about legal consequences.
Additionally, the holidays are all about blaring your holiday-themed illicit musical pleasures. Putting out holiday music of your own is a fantastic way to participate at this time of year.
Create A Holiday Playlist
Create your own holiday playlists to help ignite the holiday spirit! Remember that the greatest holiday music is suitable for dinner parties, cooking, relaxing holiday feelings, and joyful jams. Once you’ve put up the ideal playlist, post the link on Facebook groups, Twitter, Instagram Stories, or really wherever else you feel your audience will be most engaged.
You could even create a joint playlist with another artist to take it up a level and distribute it to further increase your audience…
- Spotify and Apple Music are two outstanding streaming platforms that include the functionality of collaborative playlists.
- Feel free to pick whatever one your soul catches because they both have the same principle and are quite simple to use.
This holiday season, your community could have socially segregated activities depending on your state. There are various ways you may be involved in your community events, whether a location needs a live performance or just a piece of nice holiday music.
Reach out to neighborhood bars and check out Facebook groups for your community to learn more about what’s going on and how you can become involved.
Even if there is a huge amount of music on the market, there are other things you can do to maintain the momentum. Conduct research. Be original in your approaches, and the holiday season will undoubtedly be successful.
MPT Agency generates traffic to well-known artists, allowing them to focus on their work every day. Be sure to visit our blog and follow us on Instagram for more details on music marketing and to learn about additional services that can help you advance your musical career.
Subscribe To Our Music Marketing Newsletter!
News about music marketing strategies to the music business and beyond.
Delivered to your inbox once a week.