Drunk in Love
“Drunk in Love” was a single recorded by American singer Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z.
Music’s reigning power couple, Beyoncé and Jay-Z, collaborated on “Drunk in Love” for the former’s self-titled fifth studio album in 2013. The track featured contributions from producers Detail, Andre Eric Proctor, Rasool Diaz, Brian Soko, Timbaland and Jerome Harmon, with Boots composing. Columbia Records released “Drunk in Love” as one of the two lead singles from Beyoncé (the album) on December 17, 2013. The track’s accompanying music video was directed by Hype Williams and shot in black-and-white in Golden Beach, Florida. To secure chart-topping results, the all-star production team approached MusicPromoToday to craft an equally weighty promotional strategy.
Prior to the launch of the full-length edition of “Drunk in Love”, MusicPromoToday used the trailer for the video to build hype and incite media interest, all the while gaining social media followers. Early engagement with audiences and promotion of the teaser amplified the explosive debut of the single. To further optimize reach, MusicPromoToday developed and strategically positioned over 200 engaging blogs and several vlogs. To add to the fandomonium, the video was also promoted via producer Detail’s own website, as well as his personal Twitter and Facebook accounts.
“Drunk in Love” peaked at number two on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number one on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Most notably, Beyoncé’s performance of the song won Best R&B Performance at the 57th Grammy Awards and received more than 300M+ streams on YouTube.
- 3,700,000+ worldwide certified sales
- Certified Platinum: Australia, Canada, Denmark, New Zealand, UK, USA (x3)
- MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year
- Grammy Award for Best R & B Song of The Year
- World Music Award for World’s Best Song
- BET Award for Video of the Year
- BET Award for Viewer’s Choice
- World Music Award for World’s Best Video
- MuchMusic Video Award for International Artist Video
- Soul Train Music Award for Song of the Year
- Billboard Music Award for Top R&B Song
- Soul Train Music Award for Video of the Year
- iHeartRadio Music Award for Hip Hop R&B Song of the Year