Young Money & Cash Money
- Music PR
United States 🇺🇸
Introduction:On July 23rd, 2013 supergroup Young Money and Cash Money released Rich Gang, their first ever compilation album. It included collaborations with 40 rap and Hip Hop artists including: Birdman, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Tyga, Mack Maine, Limp Bizkit, Bow Wow, Ace Hood, Jae Millz, Cory Gunz, Gudda Gudda, Caskey, Detail, Busta Rhymes and Mystikal.
MPT’s marketing approach consisted of:
- Pitching partnerships to top Hip Hop blogs in the industry.
- Garnering partnerships with the most renown music brands.
- Raising awareness for the album on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Creating consistent branding and brand loyalty through a new style, logo, colors merchandise, clothing and apparel.
MPT’s campaign resulted in Rich Gang:
- Being featured on over 10,000 blog posts and stories.
- Receiving press coverage from prestigious brands, including DjBooth, Fader, XXL, Billboard, Pitchfork, Complex, and MTV.
- Selling over 24,000 copies of the album in the USA upon its release and 50,000 copies overall.
- Landing the 9th spot on the Billboard 200 chart.