Posted on June 7, 2020
6ix9ine Akon Locked Up Part 2 Streams on Instagram – Music Marketing Unveiled
6ix9ine and Akon just shared an Instagram video showing a sneak peak of their new music – set to drop soon. “Locked Up” version 1 By Akon and Styles P, was taken as the lead single from Akon’s album, Trouble. The single was released in 2004, peaking at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100.
Here is a preview video of Akon and 6ix9ine previewing the #2 version of Locked Up;
Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
6ix9ine urged his fans to comment on the IG post and said that if he gets 100,000 comments, he will release the song. Music marketing done right! Communication with your fanbase is key when you want to:
- build your fanbase
- drop new music
- tease new music
- increase engagement
- influence the algorithm in your favor
6ix9ine was recently released from prison to avoid the COVID19 spread with inmates. He dropped GOOBA just a few weeks after and already has over 300 million hits on the music video and 900K + comments. Here are a few tips on how to improve your YouTube or music video engagement.
- Drop your first comment: this is a good opportunity to thank viewers and show some gratitude or explain the message or story you are trying to convey with your lyrics or video production.
- Reply to comments: being anti-social on social media and YouTube does not contribute to the growth of your fanbase. Pay attention to your comments and reply to every one of them. This is where you can actually build the bridge between each ones of your fans.
- Build a good audience retention ratio: Watch time is everything. Focus on getting quality and targeted viewership. A good audience retention ratio will increase your chances to get featured on the homepage of YouTube and on the right hand panel side as a related video within your niche/ keyword target. The last thing you want is a lot of views and a bad watch time. You’re better off having 1 million views on your music video with a 2:30 watch time than 3 million views but a 0:15 watch time. Labels, agents, brands will ask you for your average watch time. Make sure you run targeted campaigns only to make sure you are properly targeting viewers that will enjoy your type of music/ video.
- Try Facebook: Facebook also allows you to run targeted ads. In fact, you can control your ad spend more in depth on Facebook vs. Google. It may also be much more cost efficient to run a music video campaign on Facebook. With Facebook, you can set to pay only when users play at least 10 or 15 seconds of your video; this way you minimize the waste or loss of users that play for a short period of time and exit.
- Try getting in playlists: YouTube is also the hotspot when it comes to getting on playlists. Similar to Spotify. While is it recommended to run ads on YouTube to build your fanbase, targeted playlists can also help you build a solid viewership, a fanbase and a healthy retention ratio.
Make sure to read our other articles where we expose methods, strategies, insiders and tips on how to run your Soundcloud, YouTube, Spotify or music pr / music marketing campaign. If you need guidance in setting up your YouTube music video ads, Facebook Thruplay campaigns, or Spotify playlisting… contact us through our form and we’ll get back to you in no time! While Akon and 6ix9ine get ready to drop Locked Up Part 2, we hope your voice and show your support to the Black Lives Matter movement. Watch the video we made below:
Join our weekly newsletter
Music related articles every week in your inbox
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.