Introduction:“We Dem Boyz”, released February 11th, 2014, was the first single off Wiz Khalifa’s fifth studio album, Blacc Hollywood.
By putting out a preview of the track, MusicPromoToday helped amp up the pre-release hype. The single was officially released through a unique partnership with Shazam. We booked a 106 and park performance for Wiz during the first week of the release and prepared the video to drop two months later.
Thanks to the innovative PR and media relations campaign organized by MusicPromoToday, “We Dem Boyz” went on to:
- Receive the 2015 Grammy award for best rap song
- Receive the 2014 video music award for best hip hop song
- Receive 3 BET Hip Hop awards in 2014
- Garner over 200 million streams on YouTube
- Reach #3 on the Billboard Hot 100
- Reach #8 on the Billboard 10 Best Rap Songs
- Appear on numerous TV shows and movies
- Be named the 3rd best song of the first half of 2014 by Complex
- Earn over 15 official remixes, created by other mainstream artists such as: Rick Ross, Puff Daddy, WAS, French Montana, Busta Rhymes, Tyga, and T.I.